Monday, September 5, 2011

BLUSH: Enthusiastic Launch

I was very humbled by the support and enthusiasm shown at the launch of my book BLUSH (Photographs: 1988 – 2010) Published by Helen Frajman of M.33, and launched by Lou Hubbard, at PERIMETER BOOKS, 2-5 Saturday 3rd September.
Blush @ Perimeter Books  or contact M.33 to purchase your copy


A big thanks to Dan Rule and Justine Ellis of Perimeter books for hosting the launch of BLUSH. A new comer to Melbourne's crowded independent book scene Perimeter Books is a champion of independent titles and short runs and this very stylish store can be found  at 748 High Street Thornbury. Dan and Justine seen here with the card reader running hot with sales.


A very nervous me and attentive guests including Tina Smyrnios of Smyrnios Gallery Prahran, as Lou Hubbard spoke to the book. Blush brings together strands of my practice from 1988 to the present and Lou's remarks were very flattering and gave the gathered crowed a great insight into my work.


Here I am much more relaxed, after the official launch with my VCA colleague and artist friend Lou Hubbard.

Many thanks to Helen Frajman of M.33 my dealer and publisher of Blush. It has been a long ambition of mine to publish a collection of my photographs without Helen it would not have happened.  The launch was very much a celebration of that partnership in this publication.


Chatting with Georgia Metaxis, photographer and VCA colleague Kiron Robinson and photomedia artist is about to swoop on to a glass of Narkoojee Yorkie's Gully Rose a perfect Gippsland wine for the occasion. I developed a taste for Narkoojee Wine since I have been staying at the Cowwarr Art Space. 
http://www.narkoojee.com


Photomedia artists Jane Burton and Elisabeth Gertzakis chat with Helen Frajman.







No comments:

Post a Comment